National Championships not going ahead this weekend

The Board, in consultation with the chair of the Management Committee and tournament organisers, has decided that Nationals will not go ahead this weekend.

Today, we received updated guidance from Sports Ireland which, upon initial reading, would have had the effect of excluding many of our members in Northern Ireland from our National Championships. Sports Ireland have engaged with us this evening but it appears that it is now too late to find a solution. With that in mind the Board believes that the fairest option is to cancel the event until a solution can be found or until new guidelines are in place that would allow all of our members to participate. It is just not possible to run the event properly given the new guidelines.

We apologies for the stress, inconvenience and disruption this has caused and the late notice of this cancellation.

Further updates to follow.